American Leadership Forum Cornerstones
These Core Values lead to a curriculum based on the following "Cornerstones:"
- Building trust and networks among diverse leaders
- Motivating leaders to take responsibility and make a difference
- Strengthening capacities for community change
- Exploring the interconnectedness of communities, nations, and the world
- Exploring and enriching personal values
- Understanding and empowering self and others
- Exploring, understanding, and valuing diversity
- Inspiring leaders to a lifetime of active public engagement
Gregory B. Markus, professor of political science and senior research scientist at the University of Michigan, has developed a resource list of recommended readings for ALF's Cornerstones. Click the links above to access the reading lists for Cornerstones #2-7.