Overview & Mission
American Leadership Mission
The American Leadership Forum is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to join and strengthen diverse leaders to serve the common good. We do this through a yearlong Fellows Program in each Chapter's community in which leaders can engage in dialogue, differ, and build relationships. ALF strengthens Fellows’ capacity to address public issues collaboratively and builds a strong leadership network to work for positive change in our community.
American Leadership Forum Core Values
- Primacy of relationship
- Appreciation, exploration and inclusion of diversity
- Dialogue and Collaboration
- Service to the common good
- Inner reflection and personal growth
Click here to review a list of recommended readings organized by ALF's 5 core values.
American Leadership Forum Cornerstones
These Core Values lead to a curriculum based on the following "Cornerstones:"
- Building trust and networks among diverse leaders
- Motivating leaders to take responsibility and make a difference
- Strengthening capacities for community change
- Exploring the interconnectedness of communities, nations, and the world
- Exploring and enriching personal values
- Understanding and empowering self and others
- Exploring, understanding, and valuing diversity
- Inspiring leaders to a lifetime of active public engagement